If you want to save money on utilities this year, then pay attention to these water saving tips from your Midlothian plumber!
Water Saving Tips From Your Midlothian Plumber
Reducing the amount of water your household consumes is a smart way to lower your utilities bills. And guess what? It’s also good for the environment! Keep the following tips in mind:
- Equip all faucets with aerators with flow restrictors.
- Replace your toilets with low-flush toilets.
- Retrofit your shower with an ultra-low flow showerhead.
- Only run washing machines and dishwashers when you have a full load. If possible, use economy settings.
- Take shorter showers.
- Don’t leave the water running when you brush your teeth.
- Regularly inspect your plumbing fixtures to ensure they’re in good working order and don’t leak or drip.
- Be alert to signs of pipe leaks, such as a rising water bill, the sound of running water and patches of moisture on the floor or walls.
- Make sure your water heater is in good condition. The longer you have to run the water before it’s warm and/or clear, the more water you’re wasting.
- Insulate your pipes. This will allow the water to heat up faster.
Talk to Your Midlothian Plumber to Find out What Else You Can Do
Just like you can get an energy audit done on your home to find out how you can save energy, you can also ask your plumber to assess your household’s water use and the condition of your plumbing to create recommendations for saving water. In addition to many of the behavioral changes you can make (like taking shorter showers), installing more water efficient appliances and fixtures can make a significant difference, too. What’s more: if you’re considering selling your home at any point in the future, having aerators on faucets and low-flush toilets will undoubtedly work to your advantage. So why wait? Call Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning for more information on saving water… and money!