Water damage is the worst nightmare of every informed homeowner—but with Desoto leak detection, you don’t have to worry about it!
Why You Need Desoto Leak Detection
If you own your own home and you’ve never had to deal with water damage, you’re extremely lucky. However, this doesn’t mean to say that there won’t be any water damage issues in your future. And water damage is bad news. In the best case scenario, it causes water stains on your property. In the worst case scenario, it can make the structure of your home start to rot away, effectively compromising your safety and that of your loved ones.
The only way to prevent water damage is to call a trustworthy plumber for leak detection as soon as you suspect there might be something wrong. A plumber who gets to a leak on time can often fix it before a small leak becomes a horror scene with black mold, rotted beams and steep bills.
Signs of Water Damage That Mean You Need Desoto Leak Detection
Fortunately, there are a number of signs you’re incurring water damage in your home… even though not all of them are visible to the naked eye:
- A visible leak. Obviously, if you can see water dripping from a ceiling, running down a wall or pooling on the floor, it’s a sign of water damage.
- The smell of rotting material. Because pipes are usually hidden under floors and behind walls, sometimes the first thing you notice is a foul odor. This is usually rotting wood, insulation or drywall. When this happens, you might also notice an increase in the number of bugs around that area of the home.
- Stains on walls, ceilings, or floor. Oftentimes, the first sign of a leak is when you notice a rust colored stain on a wall or floor that’s in front of a pipe.
- The sound of running water. If you can hear water running or dripping but all the faucets in the home are shut off, then you’ve got a leak.
- Diminished air quality. If the water damage is extensive, then the chances of mold growth are high. Toxic mold greatly compromises the air quality. You’ll notice you and your family suffering from respiratory problems, headaches, nausea, and other symptoms of illness.
Remember: Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning for Desoto leak detection. Don’t let a small problem ruin your home and health. Call today!