With so many other things to take care of as a commercial building owner, you may not be aware of an HVAC issue right away. Sometimes you don’t even realize that there is an issue until you receive a complaint. However, if you are in your building often then you may notice signs that you need commercial HVAC repair. While it can be a big expense, it is one that is necessary to keeping workers and customers comfortable. Continue reading for seven signs that you need HVAC repair. If you are ready to hire professional commercial HVAC contractors, then call Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Cooling and Heating at (972) 291-0740.
Importance of Commercial HVAC Maintenance The best way to avoid commercial HVAC repairs altogether is to schedule regular maintenance. When you schedule commercial HVAC maintenance you receive many benefits:
It is recommended to schedule HVAC maintenance twice a year. This will help you save money and avoid hassle. Even with regular maintenance, there will be some clear signs that a commercial HVAC unit needs repair. These include the following:
- Increased efficiency
- Lower monthly energy bills
- Reduced risk of unexpected repairs
- Improved comfort and indoor air quality
- Longer life span
1. Strange Noises A broken heater or air conditioner may cause a lot of strange noises like banging or buzzing. Not only are these noises disruptive to workers, but they are also indicative of a larger problem. Noises like these could mean faulty ductwork or broken components within the system. It is important that if you get any complaints about noise or notice the noise yourself that you contact a commercial HVAC contractor. They will be able to inspect the system and decide whether you need a heating or AC repair or a replacement.
2. Workers Complain If the HVAC system is broken then workers may start to complain about it being too hot or too cold in the workplace. They may also complain about things like humidity, smells or noises. These are clear signs that you need to call an HVAC contractor to check out the system.
3. Energy Bills Increase If you start to notice a substantial increase in the monthly energy bills then you probably have a problem with the HVAC system. Issues like inefficient cooling or heating, leaking ductwork, broken components and dirty systems could all be the cause for an increase in energy bills. To fully understand the scope of the situation you will need to call an HVAC technician. They can complete a thorough inspection and let you know if anything isn’t functioning well.
4. Moisture and Humidity HVAC issues may be uncovered by increased humidity in the building. You may also notice condensation forming on the air conditioner or heating system itself. Both of these are issues that need to be addressed by a professional technician. High humidity often means there are issues with the ductwork or central components. When condensation forms on the system then there is a possibility that it is overheating. Either way, you need commercial HVAC service right away.
5. Strange Odors There are a variety of smells that can come with a broken HVAC system. A musty odor means that the ductwork may need to be cleaned and the filters need to be replaced. Mold and debris can build up in these areas and cause that musty smell. A burning smell means that there is something wrong with the heating system. Often, if a heating system has not been cleaned in a while then it can cause a rancid burning smell when turned on. This is due to the burning off of debris and dust that has settled on the system. If it smells like ether then that could be the more serious case of leaking refrigerant. This is an issue that should only be taken care of by a professional as it can be dangerous. Always be sure to call a professional commercial HVAC technician if you or workers notice any strange odors.
6. Increased Sick Days If you are starting to notice an increase of sick days in the office then it is possible that there is an indoor air quality problem. When filters aren’t changed regularly every month and ductwork isn’t cleaned, some people may develop respiratory illnesses (known as “sick building syndrome”). It is especially important to do these tasks during the winter, when colds and the flu run rampant. If, after taking care of filters/basic air hygiene, workers are still taking an increased number of sick days then you should call in a commercial HVAC technician to check things out.
7. Uneven Heating or Cooling If there seems to be some spots where it is cool and others where it is hot, then there could be a problem with the cycling of the system. Sometimes, when systems become damaged they cycle frequently which can cause uneven heating and cooling. There may also be a problem with the fan. When the fan is turned on all day it can cause warm air—or cool air depending on the system being used—to build up in the ducts and then release periodically. This can cause spots of warm or cool air. No matter what the problem is, you should call a commercial HVAC technician so that they can repair it.
Reliable Commercial HVAC Service While getting commercial HVAC service can be a hassle, with the right contractor it can be a breeze. For trustworthy service with an emphasis on customer satisfaction, choose Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Cooling and Heating. Our team is highly skilled, trained and qualified to provide high quality commercial HVAC service in Grand Prairie and the surrounding area. With over 50 years in the industry, we have the expertise and knowledge to take on any HVAC issue, big or small. Our number one priority is to provide excellent customer service and superior workmanship. When you hire Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Cooling and Heating you can feel confident that you are getting the best service possible. To schedule an appointment with one of our knowledgeable commercial HVAC technicians, give us a call at (972) 291-0740 or contact us online.