One of the most important parts about getting HVAC service is choosing your HVAC contractor. If you choose the wrong contractor you could be looking at high prices, ineffective repair, improperly installed systems and worse. On the other hand, a great contractor will provide reasonable prices with excellent, effective repair and correctly installed systems. When you choose your contractor you want to make sure that you are getting the best possible one in Waxahachie, TX. If you are ready to schedule service with a reliable HVAC contractor, call Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Cooling and Heating at (972) 291-0740.
How to Find a Great HVAC Contractor Choosing an HVAC contractor is usually a lot harder than it seems. With so many choices, how are you supposed to find the best one? Sometimes it feels like trying to find a needle in a haystack. To help you narrow down your choices to only the best HVAC contractors, take a look at these eight things to look for:
1. Licensing If you needed to get surgery, you wouldn’t allow just anyone to operate on you. You would want a licensed medical surgeon. The same should go for HVAC service. You should look for proper licensing when checking a contractor out. Not all states require a license, so in some cases you may have to look at county regulations. For example, here in Dallas County, contractors are required to have a license. If you aren’t sure whether or not a company has a license, give them a call.
2. Experience While experience isn’t always an indicator that a company is reliable, it can help you discern okay companies from great ones. Try to look for at least 5-10 years of experience. You can also look for training that would be equivalent to a few years of experience. If you find a newer contractor with professional training from a trade school, don’t count them out for lack of experience right away. However, many years of experience shows that a company knows the ins and outs of the industry.
3. Home Evaluation When you call an HVAC contractor, they should offer to do a home evaluation. If a contractor is willing to give you an estimate without an evaluation then you may want to continue looking. The reason why this is so important is because every HVAC system is different. Some are more complex or require different approaches for repair. All of these factor into AC and heating repairs, maintenance and replacements, which is why you need a home evaluation first.
4. Reviews Take a look at the reviews for the company you are interested in hiring. There are a variety of platforms to do this such as Google, Yelp, HomeAdvisor and more. Take a look at 3 star reviews first as these are usually the most accurate picture of the company that you will get. After that, you can look at 1 and 5 star reviews. You should also take a look at the Better Business Bureau rating and reviews. Try to find a company with a rating of A- or higher.
5. Rebates and Special Offers An HVAC company that wants to help you save money is usually a sign of a trustworthy company. Take a look at their website to see if they offer rebates, coupons or other special offers. Contractors that offer these kinds of deals are ready to help you save money on what can often be a large expense.
6. Efficiency When it comes to HVAC, it’s important that the system is efficient. Ask the company if they sell any Energy Star models. Energy Star sets very specific guidelines regarding efficiency. Contractors should always strive to provide high efficiency whether it is a replacement, repair or maintenance. If a company doesn’t offer any Energy Star models, or recommend Energy Star models, then they may not be for you.
7. Itemized Estimate Once you have found a contractor that you like and they have completed a home evaluation, ask for an itemized estimate. This will be able to tell you the things that they will charge you for during service. Some companies charge for the use of certain tools or per task. This could substantially increase the price of your bill. Be sure to take a careful look at the estimate and ask any questions that you may think of. If a contractor is not willing to provide an itemized estimate then you may want to find a different one.
8. Contract Now that you have an itemized estimate, you should ask for a contract. The contract should state required services and costs. Be sure to read the contract carefully so that you don’t miss anything important that may increase the cost. Some companies may include clauses that state extra costs in the case of unexpected damages. While this is not unreasonable, you may want to get something like this clarified by the company so that you understand exactly what “unexpected damages” consists of.
Trustworthy HVAC Contractors Waxahachie, TX Choosing a contractor can be difficult and you have a lot of choices. Keeping these eight things in mind can make the process a little easier. If you want a contractor in Waxahachie, TX that checks all of the boxes, then you need Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Cooling and Heating. Our licensed and experienced team is ready to take on any HVAC challenge. At Dial One Johnson, we offer repairs, maintenance and replacements for a variety of heating and cooling systems. It is our highest priority to provide high quality workmanship paired with excellent customer service. We know how important building customer relationships is, which is why we work hard to treat our customers like family. When you choose Dial One Johnson, you can feel confident that you are getting service that you can trust. For excellent HVAC Waxahachie, TX service, choose Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Cooling and Heating. To schedule an appointment, give us a call at (972) 291-0740 or contact us online.