8 Plumbing Maintenance Tips
Plumbing maintenance is one of the most effective ways to guarantee home comfort for the fall. However, there are still plenty of homeowners out there who do not take advantage of it, leaving them to spend the season paying off high costs on utility bills and experiencing lower levels of efficiency from their fixtures. When you consider just how often you use essential fixtures like toilets and sinks on a daily basis, a lack of plumbing maintenance can greatly interrupt how you function in your home. Plus, when you are dealing with constant pipe leaks and drain clogs, you won’t exactly be able to go through the fall season stress-free, especially when those bills on repair begin to build up.
How Can You Improve Life in Your Home?
The best way to guarantee a high-quality plumbing system this fall is by calling Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning for your plumbing maintenance needs. For over fifty years, our plumbers have been keeping fixtures in check to ensure they remain free of leaks and clogs. Even if you think your plumbing system is currently working at its best, we can provide in-depth maintenance checks that will unearth any lingering problems before they worsen. A single home plumbing inspection from our team can improve plumbing system efficiency and fixture lifespan. Perhaps best of all, we can ensure those pesky plumbing bills are kept at a low so you save a bit more money in your pocket.
The 8 Most Helpful Tips for Plumbing Maintenance
While our maintenance service is the best in the area, you can conduct a home plumbing inspection of your own to further guarantee you have quality plumbing this fall. It should ideally be done right before the season begins so you will have time to fix any issues. Giving your plumbing system a second look may not be something on your to-do list of fun fall activities this year. However, even if you are not a professional, you should make these 8 tips a must-do for your plumbing system:
- Test the Water Heater’s Pressure Relief Valve: Maintaining your water should be a huge priority this fall, especially when your need for hot water will only increase over the next few months. You can start by testing the pressure relief valve, which helps manage water pressure of the system. Simply turning the pressure relief valve on and off will guarantee operation is smooth.
- Check for Slow Draining: If you are noticing toilets and sinks draining water at a much slower pace, it is a sign you need drain cleaning immediately or else you can expect to experience a season full of drain clogs. Though a plunger may stop these clogs, it is always better to call a local drain cleaning company like Dial One for more effective service.
- Check for Water Heater Leaks: Water heater leaks can sneak up on you and cause trouble sooner than you realize, but they can be stopped if you detect them early enough. Damp spots or puddles around the water heater are a pretty common indication that your tank is leaking and needs to be fixed immediately. The water heater contractors at Dial One can then provide high-quality repair service to fix the source of the leak.
- Inspect Other Fixtures for Leaks: Water heaters aren’t the only source of leaks in your plumbing system, so it’s important to inspect toilets and sinks as well. Leaks in these fixtures may appear in the form of drops of water on the floor, wet walls, and even moisture buildup on pipes. Before they cost you serious dollars on bills, you need to call for leak repair immediately so the fixtures continue to work efficiently.
- Looking Out for Slow Drainage: In addition to looking for leaks, you also need to inspect fixtures for slow drainage. If toilets and sink drains are draining water much slower than usual, you need to fix the situation in a hurry or else it may result in a clog so massive that it could render your fixtures useless. It is always important in these situation to keep plungers handy, as the slow drainage may be the result of a minor clog that can easily be removed. However, if the plunger does not work, you should definitely consider professional drain cleaning service from a plumber who can offer different drain cleaning solutions.
- Check Water Heater’s Valve Connections: Valve connections are another area of your water heater in need of inspection, whether it be in the electrical unit or gas valve. A leak in the gas valve is particularly dangerous, as it can lead to fires and explosions. If you notice any faulty connections, call a professional immediately before you put the safety of your entire family at risk.
- Considering Water Softening Systems: If you are experiencing hard water in your water supply, the best solution is to install a water softening system right before the season begins, so you will have clean water for the entire fall. Hard water boasts higher traces of calcium and magnesium which will result in skin irritation, rougher launder, stained dish-ware, and other setbacks that are best avoided.
- Considering Water Filtration Systems: Installing a water filtration system will help eliminate the threat of harmful chemicals that will bring damage to your fixtures and result in illness if consumed. It can protect the well-being of the entire family, making it a must-have if you begin to notice the quality of your water supply slipping. It is one of the most important decisions you can make in terms of water treatment.
Don’t Let Your Plumbing Worries Get The Best Of your Fall Activities – Have Your Plumbing Maintenance Done Today
Contact Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning today if you want to learn more on how you can improve life in your home with plumbing maintenance!