The Dos and Don’ts of Midlothian Drain Cleaning
So you’re experiencing and want to do some DIY Midlothian drain cleaning—awesome! At Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning, we understand some homeowners don’t mind getting their hands dirty and tackling drain cleaning on their own. That’s totally fine, but all too often homeowners will make mistakes that will wind up damaging their drains even further. This will leave them paying more money for repair and result in their plumbing fixtures not being able to work at the best of their abilities!
At Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning., we always want to help customers along in the drain cleaning process. After all, our team of plumbers has years of collective experience, which lends itself greatly to giving customers advice on the right and wrong steps to take with DIY Midlothian drain cleaning. Plus, if you have tougher clog you can’t fix, our team of plumbers will always be glad to provide you with top-notch service. We have a wide range of drain cleaning solutions that will fix any clog!
The Dos of Midlothian Drain Cleaning
When you need a quick fix with your drains, you need to make sure you’re taking the right steps to do clean quickly and efficiently. If you’re a free spirit when it comes drain cleaning, please do the following:
- Equip yourself with the right tools, including plungers, liquid drain solutions, drain snakes, and more.
- Wear gloves to avoid coming into direct contact with any contaminants.
- Pour boiling water down your drains periodically to free up any sources of clogging, especially during the winter.
- Use a mixture of baking soda and vinegar to push out any sources of clogging.
- Remove any excess water around the clogged area before plunging.
- Use liquid drain cleaning solutions sparingly and keep them away from small children and pets.
- Call a professional for assistance on tougher clogs.
The Don’ts of Midlothian Drain Cleaning
Of course, mistakes happen, and it can be costly. If you want to avoid bringing further trouble to your home while drain cleaning, please don’t do the following:
- Pour grease down the drains. Grease can easily harden and block drain passage.
- Rent drain cleaning equipment if you have no experience using it.
- Wait until a later date to perform drain cleaning.
- Attempt to fix any clog you don’t feel you can handle on your own.
- Use a coat hanger to pick up any sources of clogging.
Contact Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning today if you want to learn more on Midlothian drain cleaning!