How to Choose an HVAC Repair Service Company
The most important part of scheduling HVAC services is choosing the right company. If you choose someone with minimal experience or the wrong equipment, you may end up with an even bigger problem down the road. You don’t need a subpar HVAC company to give you a temporary solution. What you need is an affordable and reliable HVAC company that can provide you with many different options. If you are struggling to find a great HVAC company, continue reading for tips on finding the right one for you. For a trustworthy HVAC company, you can rely on Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Cooling and Heating. Give us a call at (972) 291-0740 to schedule an appointment today.
Importance of Choosing the Best HVAC Service CompanyScheduling maintenance and repairs for your air conditioner is incredibly important. This is why choosing an excellent HVAC company matters. When you hire the right HVAC company you can expect:
- Prompt service
- Professional equipment and uniform
- High quality mechanical service
- Friendly and knowledgeable technicians
- Thorough inspections
- Duct and system cleaning
Tips on Choosing HVAC ServiceWe all want to hire the most reliable HVAC company with high quality service. However, it is easier said than done. Take a look at these tips on how to choose quality HVAC service:
- Look at reviews: you can find reviews for HVAC companies on Google, Yelp, HomeAdvisor and many other online sites. Keep your eye out for especially high and low reviews. Doing this allows you to see what customers loved and what customers hated about the service.
- Head to their website: unless the company is just starting out, they should have a professional-looking website. Check it out and read a few of their webpages to see if it aligns with what you are looking for.
- Ask for references: most companies are happy to provide references to potential customers. If the company refuses, you can cross it off your list.
- Look for honesty: an HVAC company should be known for its honesty. If you spot customer reviews that accuse a company of trying to push unnecessary heating and AC repairs or replacements, don’t hire them.
- Inspections: don’t hire a contractor that offers a free estimate over the phone. Even if you describe the problem to a contractor over the phone, there are few different things that could likely be wrong. This is why great contractors will offer an inspection before they provide you with an estimate.
- Licensing: some states require a license for HVAC contractors to practice. In the state of Texas, contractor licenses are required. Even if they aren’t required in your state, it can give you peace of mind that they have the proper qualifications.
- Certification and training: ask the company if they require their technicians to go through any sort of training, such as a certification course, before they hire them. This gives you an idea of which companies are looking to provide excellent service.
- Experience: how long has the company been in operation for? While experience does not necessarily determine quality, it can give you an idea of how much industry knowledge a company has.
- Take a look at their prices: some companies will offer ball-park estimates on their website. Be wary of prices that seem too low or too high. You should aim for a company whose prices are moderate and fair.
- Insurance: make sure that a company has insurance before you hire them. This protects you and the company from having to pay for unexpected damages caused by service.
- Rebates and coupons: check to see if the contractor offers any rebates or coupons. While this does not necessarily distinguish great contractors from okay ones, it is nice to have financial incentives and savings available.
- 24/7 emergency service: make sure that the company you hire offers 24/7 service. This is important if you experience a system failure or some other kind of HVAC emergency outside of regular business hours. You want to hire a company that will go out of their way to provide the service you need when you need it.
- Ask for a contract: a great HVAC company will be willing to write a contract for you once they have completed an inspection. They should include the agreed-upon price of service in the contract.
- Ask about their safety measures: you’ll want to be sure that a company’s technicians are drug-tested and practice safety while working. It’s not easy to let a stranger into your home to provide a crucial service. Asking about a company’s safety measures can help put your mind at ease.