One of the worst feelings is turning on your air conditioner only to find that it’s blowing warm air. You don’t want warm air in your home on a warm day; you want to stay cool and comfortable. There are a few reasons why your air conditioner may be blowing warm air and discerning which is the cause will help you figure out what you need to do next. However, you can avoid this issue altogether by scheduling regular air conditioning service. With regular maintenance, your AC system will encounter fewer repairs and have higher efficiency. If you are ready to schedule AC repair in Desoto, TX, contact us at (972) 291-0740 for quality service from Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Cooling and Heating. Continue reading for six reasons why your air conditioner is blowing warm air.
1. Thermostat Malfunction The first thing that you should do when your air conditioner is blowing warm air is check your thermostat settings. Make sure that your thermostat is set to “cool” and not “warm”. Also check that it is set to “auto”. Sometimes if it is set to “on,” it may blow warm air out just because it is constantly on. Setting it to “auto” will ensure that it only turns on when it needs to. If this isn’t the problem then your thermostat. It may need new batteries or may need to be reconfigured. All you have to do is call a technician to help you with this problem.
2. Blocked Airflow If you haven’t replaced your air filters in a long time then you may encounter warm air coming from your vents. When your air filters become dirty they block air flow and make your air conditioner work extra hard to produce cool air. This can cause your system to malfunction or overheat which could be the cause of warm air. Be sure to replace your air filters every month, especially the air filter directly connected to your AC unit. You should also make sure that your vents and registers are open and not being blocked by rugs or other items. Scheduling air duct cleaning and professional maintenance will also help you avoid this problem in the future.
3. Electrical Issues If your air conditioner is blowing warm air then there’s a chance that your outdoor unit is having electrical issues. Your indoor unit can only blow cool air if your outdoor unit is on and functioning. So, if your indoor unit is working but your outdoor unit isn’t, then you won’t get any cool air. The circuit breaker may have been tripped or wiring may have become loose. Be sure to check that the power switch is on but don’t do any work past that. Because of safety issues, you should contact a professional technician to check all electrical boards and wiring.
4. Leaking or Low Refrigerant Refrigerant is the chemical that is used to turn your warm air into cool air. If you have low levels of refrigerant then your air conditioner won’t be able to properly cool your air. It is incredibly important that you do not try to refill your refrigerant yourself. Refrigerants are dangerous and should only be handled by professionals. This is especially true if you have leaking refrigerant. If your air conditioner is leaking refrigerant do not try to clean it up, just call a technician so that they can clean it up and identify the cause of the leak. If you do have leaking refrigerant then you may have to get a coil replacement, patch repair or possibly whole AC replacement.
5. Dirty Evaporator Coils An air conditioner blowing warm air could be caused by dirty evaporator coils. Dirty evaporator coils will absorb heat more and cause cooling issues. In some cases, dirty coils could even cause the coils to freeze. You can actually clean the coils yourself as long as you use proper safety precautions. The first thing that you should do is completely turn off the unit. Then, carefully blow compressed air along the coils to remove dirt, dust and debris. Make sure that the air is not at too high of a pressure or it could cause major damage to the coils. While this is an easy way to do it yourself, for a proper, thorough cleaning you should call a professional technician.
6. Blocked Outside Unit If your air conditioner is blowing warm air you may have a blocked outside unit. When the outdoor unit is blocked it cannot expel and take in air; this can cause inefficient cooling. Every once in a while you should make sure that your outdoor unit has at least two feet of clearance around it. All landscaping, tools, large debris and other items should be completely removed from around or from on top of the unit. Once you turn the unit off you should also try to remove any sticks, leaves or other small debris from the unit. If the problem persists be sure to call a professional air conditioner technician.
Reliable Air Conditioner Repair in Desoto, Texas It is important that as soon as you notice your air conditioner starting to blow warm air that you call an AC repair Desoto, TX company. A professional technician will be able to properly diagnose the problem and come up with a solution. If you are looking for excellent air conditioner repair in Desoto, Texas, then look no further than Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Cooling and Heating. Our team of qualified and trained professionals have the knowledge necessary to provide superior workmanship and quality customer service. Operating since 1965, Dial One Johnson knows the ins and outs of the industry. This is why we are able to offer competitive pricing and advanced solutions. At Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Cooling and Heating, we know the importance of having cool and comfortable air, especially in Texas. We never want to leave you hanging when you need repairs the most. This is why we offer 24/7 emergency AC services along with our regular maintenance, repair and replacement services. To schedule an appointment with one of our team members, give us a call at (972) 291-0740 or contact us online.