Drain Cleaning & Sewer Services in the Cedar Hill, TX Area
Drains play a vital role in the plumbing system of every home. In order for water to reach the outside sewer system and leave your home, it has to go through outlets called drains. Washing machines, bathtubs, and dishwashers are all common examples of items in the home that rely on drains to get rid of dirty water.
You probably don’t even think about your drains until one of them gets clogged. That’s where we come in. Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning provides complete sewer and drain service in the Dallas area, including:
- Sewer line installation and replacement
- Pipe maintenance and regular inspections
- Drain and sewer line repair
- Video pipe inspections
- And more
We provide regular drain maintenance, emergency plumbing clog removal and clearing service, and sewer drain cleaning. And don’t worry, we make sure water drains as it should before leaving your home.
Never ask “Where can I find drain rooter service near me?” again! If you need your drain cleared in the Dallas area, contact Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning online now or call us at (972) 890-9818.
Drain Rooter Service
We tap into the experience of our plumbers to decide which cleaning and clearing service method will work best based on the type of clog you have and where it is located. Here are a few methods we provide:
- Video camera inspection: As part of our meticulous inspection process, we use a snake attached to a customized camera to take a look into your home’s main sewer line. This pipe camera is able to check for buildup that would be overlooked by other plumbing companies. Depending on the type of buildup located by the plumbing camera snake, we select the most viable method for getting rid of these issues.
- Pipe snake: A pipe snake is a slender yet flexible metal or plastic piece that has a clasp at its end. The metal or plastic piece is wound down into the drain until the clasp hooks onto the clog. The snake is reeled back up, much like a fishing pole, with the clog-inducing material stuck to the clasp.
- High-pressure water jetting: Sometimes, something more serious may get clogged and require cleaning, such as your main sewer line. We utilize high-pressure water jetting to clean out pipes for a clog of this nature. Hydro-jetting, as it’s known, is safe and effective and we don’t have to take apart a dirty sewer line, causing your house to stink for days on end. Even the most persistent clogs are pushed out with hydro-jetting.
Sewer Line Repair & Replacement
Depending on what we find during your video camera pipe inspection, a simple drain cleaning may not do the trick. You may have a break in your main sewer line or a tree root infiltration that’s stopping up the flow of water in your pipes. No matter what the issue is, we can diagnose it and provide you with viable repair options. From a cracked sewer pipe in the basement to an underground pipe blocked by tree roots, we can handle all your drain pipe repair needs.
Signs of a Broken Sewer Pipe
The most obvious sign that your sewer pipe has a crack or has completely separated is sewer drainage in your yard. If you notice brown puddles littering your landscape, a broken sewer pipe is likely the cause. Other warning signs include wall cracks (indicating foundation settling that could cause disruptions in your pipes), slow drains in multiple areas of your home, and an odor of sewer gas coming from your drains.
FAQ: Is Sewer Line Replacement Covered by Homeowners Insurance?
The answer to this will depend on your specific homeowners insurance policy. Many policies will cover costs due to damage caused by the broken sewer pipe within the home but do not cover the cost of replacing the pipe, digging up your yard, etc. Check with your insurance company to find out what coverage you have and consider adding on coverage for water and sewer backup if needed.
If you fear you may need sewer line repair or replacement in the Dallas metro area, don’t wait. Call Dial One now at (972) 890-9818.
Tips for Keeping Your Sewer Lines Clear
Whatever you put down your drains eventually ends up in your sewer lines, so keep that in mind whenever you’re putting something in the garbage disposal or flushing it down the toilet! Here are some tips for avoiding clogged drain repair:
- Avoid putting these items into your garbage disposal: fibrous foods, grease, egg shells, potato skins, coffee grounds, animal bones, rice, pasta, and bread.
- Avoid flushing these items down the toilet: “flushable” wipes, feminine products, cotton swabs, diapers, paper towels, and anything besides toilet paper!
- Buy a mesh screen for your shower drains: It’s tempting to let hair wash down the drain rather than cleaning it up, but you know eventually you’ll end up with a giant hair clog that prevents the tub or shower from draining. Do yourself a favor and buy a mesh screen—most of them are $5 or less!
The Benefits of Regular Drain Inspections
Drains should be inspected annually as part of regular plumbing maintenance. If you’d like to schedule one of these annual inspections, we will send a plumbing professional to your home to perform maintenance on all of your drains and clean them if necessary. You should only need to schedule sewer cleaning on an as-needed basis. Here’s how regular plumbing maintenance can help keep your drains clear:
- Close, careful inspection: Our maintenance procedure initially consists of reviewing and cleaning all drains and pipes in the house as needed. The bathroom and kitchen are the most common trouble spots, as these rooms contain the most frequently used drain systems. Our plumbing professionals pay extra attention to the most-used drains.
- Extended drain lifespan: Even if you’re exceptionally careful about what you put down your drains, nearly unavoidable items like hair and soap can cause clogs over time. Taking care of these clogs periodically can help extend the lifespan of your drains by years!
- Improved home value: You can make your home a positive investment thanks to our drain cleaning service. Regular drain cleaning is one of those services that may not seem like it would play a major factor in your home value, but ensuring there are no major blockages or breaks can go a long way when it comes time to sell!
Dial One: Your Dallas Sewer & Drain Cleaning Company
Call Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning today for drain cleaning service! We have the skillset and technology required to get rid of the most severe clogs imaginable. Regardless of the service you need, you can count on us to get the job done right.
If you need help with your sewer or drain lines, contact us now!