8 Drain Cleaning Tips for This Fall
Drain cleaning is the best solution this season if you want to rid your plumbing fixtures of any troublesome clogs. However, some homeowners will put drain cleaning off to the last minute, allowing clogs to linger in their drains and ruin their plumbing system. A minor clog may not seem like much to worry over at first, but it can soon grow into a huge nightmare preventing you from using your most essential plumbing fixtures at their best. The clog may grow so bad that you may not even be able to use fixtures like toilets and sinks, ones that you use every day. This may result in lower levels of sanitation in your home, especially if you are experiencing toilet overflows. Though you may not have the tools and experience of a licensed plumber, you can still take drain cleaning into your own hands. Sometimes all it takes is a quick call to a drain cleaning service or a small investment of time and effort on your end to ensure your plumbing system remains issue-free.
How Can Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Help You?
Fortunately, Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning is here to provide you with high-quality cleaning this season that will eliminate clogged drains as soon as possible. Even if you think your plumbing system is working well now, it certainly does not hurt to give us a call for inspection. After all, clogs will pop up when you least expect them, and we have a team of plumbing contractors who will be able to handle them all. We offer comprehensive drain cleaning services, including camera inspection and hydro jetting to eliminate even tough, hard-to-find clogs. Our plumbers know just how one drain clog can mess up an entire plumbing system, so that’s why we work quickly to ensure it does not even get the chance to disrupt any of your fixtures. With our help, you will be able to enjoy high-quality plumbing for the entire season, without even the thought of drain clogs crossing your mind.
How Can You Help With Drain Cleaning?
Again, you may not be a fully-trained and licensed professional, but you can still stop drain clogs from taking over your plumbing system in your own time. With that in mind, here are 8 helpful tips to help keep your drains spotless:
- Consider Strainers: For kitchen and sink drains, it is better to invest in a strainer that will keep hair, soap, or food particles out of your drains. The risk of clogging in these drains is high, considering they are dealing with all sorts of particles. Though the strainers will become blocked themselves, you can simply clean them out and keep them working.
- Boiling Hot Water: Pouring hot water boiled on a pot or tea kettle will prove to be a simple yet effective solution for drain cleaning. It will actually have a lubricating effect on any sources of blockage within the drain, loosening them up and making them much easier to remove.
- Throw Grease or Oil in the Trash: Avoid throwing grease or oil down the drain at all costs. It will eventually harden and make passage through the drainage pipe impossible. If you are looking for a safer way to discard any excess grease or oil, store it in a container then drop it in the trash.
- Always Use a Plunger: Every home should be equipped with a plunger. If you want a quick solution to any toilet or sink clog, this will be the tool to help bail you out. All it takes is a few quick but strong plunges to fix the situation.
- And Always Use a Drain Snake, Too: Drain snakes are appropriately snake-like in form, allowing them to reach smaller areas not possible with a plunger. They also feature a hook on the end to scoop out any materials. Drain snakes can be incredibly effective, but you need to be careful not to puncture the sides of older drainage pipes with them.
- Bent Wire Hangers: Perhaps you want to learn more unconventional ways to clean your drains and, in that case, you should definitely consider cleaning your drains with a bent wire hanger. A bent wire hanger will work in a similar fashion to drain snakes. It can fit into smaller places and scoop out any materials. However, be careful to not scratch or damage an older drainage pipe
- Use Dish Detergent: Though mainly used for dishes, detergent may also prove to be the perfect way to prevent toilet overflows. A ½ cup of detergent sitting in your toilet bowl for 20 to 30 minutes will work as a lubricant to loosen any source of blockage, and it’s much safer than chemical drain cleaners.
- Calling Dial One for Maintenance: Calling Dial One for annual drain cleaning may be the best decision you make this fall. Since we can supply you with camera inspection and water jetting you are guaranteed to have those clogs eliminated quickly. In fact, just by making a quick call our way, you can avoid the threat of drain clogs for the next year.
Don’t Let Plumbing Problems Sneak Up On You – Schedule Your Drain Cleaning Service Today
Contact Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning today if you want to eliminate clogs for good with our effective drain cleaning!