Garbage Disposal Repair Service in Dallas, TX
Garbage disposals provide a quick and easy way to dispose of food waste through the municipal sewer system, rather than with the kitchen refuse, where it could cause odors and pest problems. With a powerful motor and set of sharp impellers to grind even hard objects, a garbage disposal can be dangerous under certain circumstances, and if it breaks down, it is best to leave the repairs to a professional.
At Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning, we offer garbage disposal repair services throughout the Dallas area, as well as installation, replacement and maintenance services. Whether you have a jammed impeller, an electrical problem or a motor failure, we can diagnose the problem quickly and offer affordable solutions.
For more information about our garbage disposal services, contact us at 972-890-9818 today!
Common Garbage Disposal Problems in a Dallas Home
Garbage disposals are relatively simple, and there are only a few problems that commonly occur, including:
- Overheating: If the garbage disposal is overfilled or certain materials like fibrous vegetables are inserted, the motor may overheat. Typically, this will trip a safety switch, but if resetting it does not help, there may be other problems.
- Jamming: When the motor hums but the garbage disposal will not operate, the impellers are likely stuck. Removing a blockage can be dangerous, and is best left to a professional.
- Leaks: More than likely a leak is caused by a bad seal between the sink and the disposal, though there may be damage to the disposal itself.
- Electrical problems: If the breakers or safety switch trip often, there may be a problem with the impellers or the motor. Have a professional inspect the disposal.
- Motor failure: If the disposal will not operate, and makes no noise at all, the motor may have failed. Check the breakers and the reset switch before calling a professional.
If you have any of these problems, and they cannot be corrected by reseting the breakers or the safety switch, contact our team at Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning for help.
Dallas Area Garbage Disposal Repair Services
At Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning we can repair many common garbage disposal problems, such as stuck impellers or leaks. Our plumbing professionals are available at any time, both during business hours and afterwards, with our 24-hour emergency plumbing service.
We will quickly inspect your garbage disposal, determine the cause of the failure and offer realistic solutions for your needs and your budget. If repair is not possible, we also offer replacement services.
Contact our team today for garbage disposal repairs or replacement in the Dallas area.
Tips to Prevent Garbage Disposal Problems in Your Dallas Home
With a few simple precautions, you can prevent many garbage disposal problems and avoid unnecessary repairs. Here are a few of the most crucial tips:
- Do not grind any non-food items, such as plastics or paper products
- Avoid allowing grease or fat into the disposal, as they may cause clogs
- Do not grind fibrous materials like corn husks, onion skins or celery
- Do not grind hard bones, only small fish or chicken bones
- Always run cold water when grinding
- Cut up large pieces of waste to avoid clogging
For more garbage disposal tips, contact us today!
Call Us Today for Garbage Disposal Repairs in the Dallas Area
At Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning, we can help with all your garbage disposal problems, as well as any plumbing, heating or cooling problems.
Contact us today at 972-890-9818 for an appointment!