Garbage Disposal Repair in Cedar Hill
Serving Customers in Dallas & Beyond Since 1965
Garbage disposals provide a quick and easy way to dispose of food waste through the municipal sewer system, rather than in the kitchen trash can where it could cause odors and pest problems. With a powerful motor and set of sharp impellers to grind even hard objects, a garbage disposal can be dangerous under certain circumstances, and if it breaks down, it is best to leave the repairs to a professional.
At Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Cooling & Heating, we offer garbage disposal repair services in Cedar Hill and throughout the Dallas area, as well as installation, replacement, and maintenance services. Whether you have a jammed impeller, an electrical problem, or a motor failure, we can diagnose the problem quickly and offer affordable solutions.
For more information about our garbage disposal services, call us at (972) 362-9797!
Common Garbage Disposal Problems
Our plumbing professionals are available at any time with our 24-hour emergency plumbing service. We will quickly inspect your garbage disposal, determine the cause of the failure and offer realistic solutions for your needs and your budget. If repair is not possible, we also offer replacement services.
Garbage disposals are relatively simple, and there are only a few problems that commonly occur, including:
- Overheating: If the garbage disposal is overfilled or certain materials like fibrous vegetables are inserted, the motor may overheat. Typically, this will trip a safety switch, but if resetting it does not help, there may be other problems.
- Jamming: When the motor hums but the garbage disposal will not operate, the impellers are likely stuck. Removing a blockage can be dangerous and is best left to a professional.
- Leaks: More than likely a leak is caused by a bad seal between the sink and the disposal, though there may be damage to the disposal itself.
- Electrical problems: If the breakers or safety switch trips often, there may be a problem with the impellers or the motor. Have a professional inspect the disposal.
- Motor failure: If the disposal will not operate and makes no noise at all, the motor may have failed. Check the breakers and the reset switch before calling a professional.
Preventing Problems with Your Garbage Disposal
With a few simple precautions, you can prevent many garbage disposal problems and avoid unnecessary repairs. Here are a few of the most crucial tips:
- Do not grind any non-food items, such as plastics or paper products
- Avoid allowing grease or fat into the disposal, as they may cause clogs
- Do not grind fibrous materials like corn husks, onion skins, or celery
- Do not grind hard bones, only small fish or chicken bones
- Always run cold water when grinding
- Cut up large pieces of waste to avoid clogging
Our Cedar Hill garbage disposal experts can help handle repair or maintenance matters, as well as any plumbing, heating, or cooling problems. Contact us today for an appointment!
Staff Cared About Their Customers- Carolyn G.
Great Service!- Daniel
Excellent Work, Quick Service & Fair Rates !- Sherry F.
Great Customer Service- Robert S.
Returning Customer Again !- Robert B.