Slab Leak Repair Service in Lancaster, Texas
Founded in 1852, Lancaster is one of the oldest cities in the Dallas area. Like many areas of Texas, homes in Lancaster are often built on a slab foundation, which is a flat concrete surface at ground level, supported by footings that reach deeper into the soil. It is a cost-effective and fast building method, but it requires the plumbing to be in place when the slab is poured, permanently encasing it in the concrete. If a pipe ever leaks in the future, it can be difficult to find the leak, and even more difficult to repair it.
At Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning, we have extensive experience with slab foundations and the plumbing challenges they create. Our team can provide leak detection service to find the leak quickly, as well as repair services, to replace the pipe and seal the leak. Our team provides plumbing services to residential and commercial clients throughout the Lancaster area.
Contact us at 972-890-9818 to learn more about our plumbing services!
Signs That Your Lancaster Home May Have a Slab Leak
Often, slab leaks are difficult to detect, especially if the water migrates away from the source to edges of the slab or beneath it. In other cases, there may obvious signs, such as:
- Increased water bills
- Sounds of water after taps are turned off
- Water pressure that is suddenly lower
- Pooling water on the slab or wet carpets
- Soaked drywall or baseboard molding
- Mold or mildew growth
- Cracks in the slab or evidence of movement
- Wet soil or puddles along the slab edges
Contact our team at Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning if you find any of these issues in your home, and we will perform a thorough inspection of your slab and your plumbing system to determine the cause. If we find any significant problems, we will discuss the repair options with you to find a solution that works for your needs and your budget.
For help find or repairing a slab leak, contact our team today!
Causes of Slab Leaks in the Lancaster Area
Slab leaks can be present in any home, new or old, regardless of its condition. Some common causes of slab leaks include:
- Corrosion of steel, iron or copper pipes due to salt or chemicals in the water, concrete or soil
- Cracking of older PVC or ABS pipes that have become brittle
- Pipes that are worn from vibrating against concrete surfaces
- Damaged pipes caused by slab or soil movement due to erosion or freezing
- Pipes that were improperly installed or damaged during subsequent construction
Any of these problems can cause a leak, potentially leading to serious damage in your home, like rotten framing lumber, ruined drywall or mold growth.
If you notice a leak, shut off the water supply, dry out the affected areas, and contact our team for repairs!
Benefits of Slab Leak Service in the Dallas County Area
By calling our team at Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning when you suspect a slab leak, we can:
- Find the leak quickly and efficiently
- Offer the best repair options available
- Replace the affected pipe with minimal renovations
- Prevent damage to your home
To learn more about our repair options, contact us today!
Call Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning for Slab Leak Service in Lancaster, TX
Whether you have a slab leak, a clogged drain, or a malfunctioning water heater, you can trust our team at Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning for all your home or business plumbing needs! We serve Lancaster and the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex area
Contact our team at 972-890-9818 to schedule an appointment!