6 Ways to Save Money on Toilet Repair
Toilet repair is not something you can simply put off until a later date. Your toilet is the most essential plumbing fixture in your home. You rely on it every day. If it is currently experiencing problems, you need to get it fixed right now. Even just one minor clog can grow into something much worse for your plumbing system. One clog may bring serious damage to the surrounding floor area and plumbing infrastructure, including the ceiling below, if the toilet is located in the upper levels of your home. Repairs for these problems can be pricey and you may have an empty wallet sooner than you realize. An inability to fix toilet clogs may result in expenses like repair or replacement costs to flooring, repairs to drain and sewer lines, and the ever-present costs of high water bills. Worse, if you allow issues with your toilet go unsolved, you may find yourself without a toilet at all and will need to pay for a new one, which ranges between $200 and $400 in price. With expenses so high, the risk of neglecting your toilet when a problem arises is not one you should take. Instead, you should call a local plumber who can lead you down the right path in ensuring your toilet continues to work to the best of its abilities.
Calling Dial One for High-Quality Service
Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning should be your first choice for excellent toilet repair. Our team of local plumbers are licensed and fully-trained to handle even the worst toilet problems. Since we don’t want to see you deal with a single clog or overflow this season, you can count on our team to be there for you at any time. Our emergency plumbing service ensures any last-minute problems are fixed as soon as possible, whether they occur early in the morning or late at night. In addition to repairs, our plumbers will also provide you with a greater understanding into the inner workings of your toilet so you will know what causes problems in the first place. This will give you the chance to take right steps in avoiding any future toilet problems as well. Once you receive our service, you can expect your toilet to enjoy a longer lifespan, ensuring you don’t have to face the possibility of replacement any time soon. You may also enjoy reduced spending on repair and maintenance bills. A call to Dial One for toilet repair is a guarantee that you will experience a better peace of mind for a long time ahead.
6 Toilet Repair Tips
While you may not be a fully-trained professional, you can still take steps to ensure your toilet works issue-free, especially if you follow these 6 easy tips:
- Learn to Plunge: You probably know to break out the plunger when met with a minor clog, but do you know how to use it properly? If you don’t, you may wind up damaging your toilet when trying to help solve the situation. To do it correctly, you should insert the plunger into the toilet bowl and position it over the drainage hole, ensuring there is enough water in the bowl so the tool gains suction. You should then plunge vigorously until the water levels in the toilet bowl go down, and this will then let you know the clog has been successfully removed.
- Flush Twice, When Necessary: If you’re in a situation where waste does not go completely down the drain on the first flush, you should always try to flush it again. However, if you are starting to have to flush repeatedly every time you use the toilet, it is a sign of a serious problem requiring you to call a professional. Not to mention, repeated flushes can waste a lot of water.
- Keep Over-the-Toilet Counters or Shelves Clear: Some toilet clogs occur when an object on a nearby counter or over-the-toilet shelf is knocked over and droped into the toilet. These objects can range from small bottles to bars of soap. You should keep this area clean at all times to avoid a situation like this from occurring.
- Provide a Trash Can in the Bathroom: Some items are discarded in the toilet simply because the occupant has no other place to discard them. This is why you should keep a small trash can in the bathroom so they will have an alternate disposal method. This will greatly reduce the chances of experiencing a toilet clog and keep items from going down the drain.
- Educate Family Members: You should inform your family, both children and adults, that these objects should be kept far away from your toilet: paper products (cleaning wipes, cotton balls), household waste products (human or pet hair, grease, oil), or other household materials (medications, articles of clothing).
- When in Doubt, Call Dial One for Service: If your toilet problems are proving overwhelming, you should always call Dial One for service. We can provide a home plumbing inspection that will ensure your plumbing system is free of issues, especially your toilet. We can give your fixtures a close inspection to ensure even the smallest issues are fixed before they grow into something much more troublesome.
Don’t Wait Until It’s Too Late – Schedule A Toilet Repair Today
Contact Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning today if you need want plumbing problems fixed quickly thanks to our high-quality toilet repair!