Hot Water Heater Maintenance
Water heaters are pretty simple devices. Essentially, they take cold water, heat it up and send it to fixtures throughout a home whenever hot water is needed. But, like any other piece of equipment, it still has parts that can wear down over time. A broken down water heater means no available hot water for your laundry, shower or dishwasher, so, it pays to keep your water heater in good working condition.
Great hot water heater maintenance starts with professional inspections by the team at Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning. Years of experience and expertise mean that our technicians have the skills needed to accurately assess the condition of your water heater, as well as make any necessary repairs.
What Can You Expect from Our Service?
When you call Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning for water heater maintenance, you’re guaranteed top-notch service at a fair price. Here’s what you can expect from us:
- Water Heater Inspection: During a routine inspection, our professionals will check all of the heating elements and other components of your water heater, replacing any worn parts. We’ll also check the surrounding pipes for buildup and clean them to prevent clogs, as well as check gas lines, if applicable. Any necessary routine repairs can also be done during an inspection, which can prevent any mechanical or other problems from growing and causing serious issues in the coming months or years.
- Water Heater Tank Cleaning: Cleaning out you water heater’s tank is a relatively easy process, but an important one that will make sure you water heater lasts longer. During cleaning, we turn off the main valve, and for gas or oil heated tanks, we also turn the fuel off as well and extinguish the pilot light. With everything turned off, we’ll drain the water from the spigot underneath the tank. Once it’s empty, we’ll wipe the tank clean of any mineral deposits. We will also clean the heating element of any mineral residue and then rinse all the equipment thoroughly. Simple maintenance like this will greatly extend the life of your water heater.
- Water Heater Monitoring: Professional maintenance isn’t usually necessary more than once a year. In the meantime, between visits, our professionals recommend you do your own inspections on occasion. Every so often, run a quick test to see how long the water from the tap takes to get hot. If you notice that is progressively taking longer over time, or that the water does not get as hot as it used to, you may need to adjust the temperature setting or have the water heater serviced.
Of course, you should pick up the phone right away if you’ve yet to receive professional maintenance service this year. Excellent maintenance is only a call away thanks to hard, dedicated work from the folks at Dial One!
The Benefits of Our Hot Water Heater Maintenance
When you enlist Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning for hot water heater maintenance, you’re guaranteed stronger, longer-lasting water heating that provides a steady flow of hot water to all of your plumbing fixtures. Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll receive when you contact us for service:
- Reduced Costs on Repair: Your water heater will face less of a chance of experiencing breakdowns thanks to our hot water heater maintenance. This means you’ll save plenty of money you’d otherwise spend on future water heater repair. We can maintain your water heater so it running and providing hot water all year long!
- Improved Energy Efficiency: Faulty hot water heaters tend to use more energy to heat up water for your plumbing fixtures, raising the the costs of your monthly energy bills. However, our maintenance services gives your water heater the extra kick that it needs to provide hot water with improved energy efficiency. We’ll keep those energy costs down to an all-time low!
- Extended Water Heater Lifespan: The average conventional water heater today can last you longer than ever before it needs to be replaced. Maintenance from Dial One can ensure your water heater can last long past its expiration date. Quality hot water for a longer period of time equals a happier home for the whole family!
Contact Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning today for hot water heater maintenance. A single inspection can determine the future of water heating in your home!