Hot Water Heater Repair in Cedar Hill & the Dallas, TX Area
Serving DeSoto, Duncanville, Red Oak, Grand Prairie, Midlothian & Beyond
For prompt hot water heater repair, call Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning today. We have experience repairing water heaters of all types, sizes, brands, and models, so we can handle any job. We offer hot water heater maintenance and installation as well. Our highly trained experts get every job done right so you can get back to the comfort of hot showers as quickly as possible.
Never ask “Where can I find hot water heater repair near me?” again! Call Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning at (972) 890-9818 or contact us online if your hot water heater is malfunctioning today!
How Do I Know if Something Is Wrong with My Water Heater?
In order to get help from a professional at the first sign of trouble, you need to know what those signs are. Some things will be quite obvious, like a lack of hot water for the shower each morning. But there are also subtler signs to look out for which can be the precursors of larger trouble looming. Take note of the following:
- Strange Noises: If you happen to notice that your water heater has gotten noisier lately, that would be one good sign that it may need repair. This could mean trouble with the heating element, plumbing, or other important components of the water heater system. Get the noise checked right away before the situation grows worse.
- Reduced Water Temperature: Also be on the lookout for gradual or slight drops in temperature. Your water heater will not always work at 100% efficiency, so sometimes water will be warmer than other times, especially just after turning it on. However, if it seems like the water generally just doesn’t get as hot as it used to, it may be time to have the water heater looked at.
- Unusual Odor: Strong or foul odors—such as a “rotten egg” smell—that you notice any time you turn on your hot water could also indicate that your water heater is decaying internally. Also, pay attention to any popping or crackling noises coming from your water heater. This could mean that there’s a sediment build up on the bottom, which can cause further corrosion or decay.
Contact us as soon as you notice any of these problems because the sooner they are addressed, the easier it’ll be to prevent major damage to your water heater!
Water Heater Repair FAQs
How many years does a hot water heater last?
Traditional tank-style water heaters last an average of about 10 years depending on the quality of the water system they’re attached to and the level of care they receive. Gas hot water heaters tend to last 8 to 12 years, while electric water heaters can last a bit longer at 10 to 15 years. Tankless water heaters can last considerably longer—generally around 20 years.
Do plumbers repair water heaters?
Yes! If you’re wondering who fixes water heaters, the answer is “plumbers” in most cases. Some issues, like circuit breaker tripping, blown fuse boxes, or loose wiring, may require the help of an electrician. Either way, a plumber should be your first call to help diagnose the problem and provide potential solutions.
What would cause a hot water heater to stop working?
There are many issues that could cause your water heater to operate less than effectively. Common issues include a pilot light that’s not lit, broken heating elements, incorrect thermostat settings, sediment buildup (tank water heaters), electrical issues, and tank leaks. And if your original water heater installation was handled by an amateur, you may have a water heater that’s too small for your home’s hot water needs. Your best bet when troubleshooting is to check on the pilot light (for gas water heaters) and thermostat first, then call a plumber if neither of those simple issues seems to be causing your water heater’s problems.
How much does it cost to fix a hot water heater?
The cost will vary considerably depending on the problem. If you simply need to adjust your thermostat or re-light your pilot light, fixing the issue yourself will cost you nothing. But fixing loose wiring, flushing the water heater, replacing faulty heating elements, or replacing the water heater itself all cost different amounts depending on the replacement parts and labor involved. Your hot water heater repairman should be able to give you an accurate estimate before beginning work. And most companies offer free estimates on complete water heater replacements!
Why Choose Dial One for Water Heater Repair in Dallas?
If you’re wondering who to call for water heater repair, Dial One is the name to know. Our 24-hour hot water heater service is always top-notch. When you give our phones a ring, you can expect the following:
- Experienced Plumbers: You need to know that you can contact someone who diagnoses and resolves plumbing emergencies right away, and the experienced plumbers at Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning are simply the best in the Dallas area. Our plumbers have years of experience under their belts, helping you receive the best repair service possible! No matter how extensive the repairs, you’re always guaranteed the highest quality service.
- Friendly Customer Service: Your Dial One service experience begins when we pick up the phone, and our representatives are dedicated to giving you the best service. Once you’ve made your appointment, our plumbers take the time to consult with you to make sure repairs are made to your individual specifications. We pride ourselves on personalized customer service that allows us to gain a full understanding of our customers’ hot water needs.
- Quick Hot Water Heater Repair: When a problem with your water heater arises, it’s important to have it checked out and repaired promptly, and the plumbers at Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning know this better than anyone else. Having any problems addressed as soon as symptoms surface can save you money and aggravation down the road. Our plumbers can work quickly to fix your water heater so you can go back to enjoying hot water in no time!
- 24-Hour Service: Particularly if you have a gas-powered water heater that is malfunctioning, a broken water heater can be a real emergency. We’re always here for your plumbing needs 24/7—in fact, when our office closes, your call goes straight to our cell phones so you’re always taken care of!
If you need emergency water heater repair “near me” in Dallas, call us now at (972) 890-9818!
Call Dial One for Water Heater Repair in Dallas, TX
Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning provides prompt water heater repair service to Dallas-area residents. If you’re experiencing any hot water issues in your home, contact us today for quick hot water heater repair service so you don’t have to deal with the inconvenience any longer than necessary.
Our Water Heater Repair Service Area
Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning serves homeowners throughout the Dallas area. We can help with water heater repairs in DeSoto, Duncanville, Mesquite, Midlothian, Red Oak, Grand Prairie, Lancaster, Cedar Hill, and more!
Not sure if you’re in our service area? Give us a call now at (972) 890-9818.