Water Heater Repairs in Dallas
Quality Plumbing Solutions
You rely quite a bit on hot water throughout your day and not until you are suddenly without it do you realize just how much. Whether it's for washing dishes, doing laundry, or taking a shower, it’s integral to your daily life. If you find yourself with a faulty water heater, turn to Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Cooling & Heating for quality water heater repairs in Dallas. Our team is dedicated to your comfort and will provide the reliable solution you need in a timely, efficient manner.
Our professional team has experience repairing water heaters of all types, sizes, brands, and models, so we can handle any issue you are facing, big or small. Our highly trained and experienced technicians will make sure they get the job done right so that you can quickly get back to enjoying your hot showers.
Looking for water heater repairs in the Dallas area? Look no further. Contact us today at (972) 362-9797 to make an appointment.
Common Water Heater Problems
Not all water heater problems are easy to detect. Of course, if you have no hot water at all or if you notice your unit isn’t turning on, the issue may be quite obvious. However, some problems are more subtle and not as easy to detect. There are some signs you should look out for that could be precursors to bigger issues.
Be sure to pay attention if you notice:
- Strange noises – If you notice that you water heater is louder than normal or making strange noises, that could be a sign that you need a repair. Among other things, this could mean there is an issue with the heating element, the plumbing, or another component of the system. You should have the noise checked out immediately before the situation becomes worse.
- Reduced water temperature – Have you noticed that your water isn’t as hot as you’d like? Do you run out of hot water quicker than normal? Though sometimes it’s normal for your water heater to provide warmer water than at other times, in some cases this could potentially be a sign that it’s experiencing a problem.
- Unusual odors – If you notice some odd or foul odors, such as a “rotten egg” smell, when your water heater is on, this could be an indication that your unit is decaying from the inside. If there is sediment building up on the bottom, this could be indicated by popping or crackling noises coming from the unit and could lead to further decay.
If you notice any of these problems, contact our Dallas plumbers. We’ll thoroughly assess your water heater and let you know what’s going on.
Water Heater FAQs
How many years does a water heater last?
Though this will vary depending on the quality of the water system they're attached to and the level of care they receive, the average life span of a traditional tank-style water heater is about 10 years. Gas water heaters may last 8 to 12 years, while electric water heaters have a longer lifespan of about 10 to 15 years. Tankless units have the longest lifespan and can last up to 20 years.
Do plumbers repair water heaters?
We sure do! Most of the time, plumbers are the ones who fix water heaters. There are some issues that require the assistance of an electrician or other specialist, like circuit breaker tripping, blown fuse boxes, or loose wiring. However, you should always call a plumber first to help diagnose the issue and provide potential solutions.
What would cause a hot water heater to stop working?
There are many things that can cause your water heater to stop working or to operate less efficiently. Some of the most common issues include:
- Pilot light problems
- Broken heating elements
- Incorrect thermostat settings
- Sediment buildup
- Electrical issues
- Tank leaks
If the installation of your water heater was handled by an amateur, your water heater may not be large enough for the requirements of your home. The best first step to determining the problem is to check the pilot light and thermostat. If neither is the problem, reach out to Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Cooling & Heating.
How much does a water heater repair cost?
The answer to this question can vary greatly depending on the problem and the unit. It costs nothing for you to adjust your thermostat or re-light the pilot light. For wiring issues, flushing the water heater, replacing faulty elements, or replacing the entire unit, the cost will greatly vary. Your repair technician will give you an estimate prior to starting work, and we offer free estimates on new installations!
Choose the Best. Choose Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Cooling & Heating.
Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Cooling & Heating is the name to know for all your water heater repairs in Dallas and the surrounding areas. We offer 24-hour water heater services, and when you give us a call, you can always expect:
- Experienced plumbers who can quickly provide the fix you need. Our team is backed by many years of experience and are dedicated to your comfort and satisfaction.
- Friendly customer service, which begins from the moment you give us a call and doesn’t end until you’re comfortable in your home with a fully functioning water heater. After you make your appointment, we’ll consult with you to make sure our repairs are made to your individual specifications.
- Availability when you need us most. Whether you need us after hours or on the weekend, our Dallas water heater plumbers are here for you and will make sure you get the service you need as quickly as possible.
- Over 50 years of plumbing experience that will give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Staff Cared About Their Customers- Carolyn G.
Great Service!- Daniel
Excellent Work, Quick Service & Fair Rates !- Sherry F.
Great Customer Service- Robert S.
Returning Customer Again !- Robert B.