March 15, 2016
The first few lyrics of “What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong go something like, “I see trees of green, red roses too.” And now that spring is here, those lyrics are playing out in real life! But while you’re probably excited for higher temperatures and longer sunny days, it’s easy to forget the needs of your plumbing system, so make a plan to call our Waxahatchie, TX plumbing service for advice on how to maintain it.
Don’t get us wrong; Dial One Johnson Plumbing is excited for the spring too! But we want our customers to be able to live comfortably in their home this season, which is we think it’s important to know a thing or two about plumbing maintenance. Some homeowners will simply wait for a professional to arrive to their home, allowing their plumbing system to worsen. But you can take action and set your plumbing on the right path so you can frolic through the spring without worrying about clogged toilets and leaky pipes!
How Can You Maintain Your Plumbing This Spring?
Plenty of homeowners would love to make the effort in maintaining their plumbing, but some don’t know what steps to take. Luckily, here are 5 helpful spring maintenance tips from our Waxhatchie, TX plumbing service:
- Check Toilets: Toilet problems can mildly annoying to downright gross, so it’s good to test it after a long winter. If you discover the toilet handle needs to be held down or jiggled, it usually indicates some parts are in need of replacement. Parts are thankfully inexpensive to replace, so you don’t have to worry taking money away from your springtime activities.
- Install a Backflow Valve: In addition to toilet troubles, sewer backups can be unsanitary. It’s important to have protection if you live in an area where this problem is common. A backflow valve prevents backup from occurring and keeps your plumbing systems sanitary to use.
- Drain Water Heater Tank: Sure, your water heater is working well now, but the water inside the tank may soon become affected by corrosion caused by a buildup of sediment. In the event that you notice this sediment begin to impact the performance of your water heater, draining and replace the water will extend the lifespan of your water heater by years.
- Leak Detection: Identifying leaks is one of the most important maintenance activities as one small pipe leak can cost up to thousands of dollar. Higher water bills, unpleasant odors, damp walls and floors, and stained ceilings are all common indicators of pipe leaks.
- Clean Out Gutters: If you didn’t check them over the winter, there is a good chance your yard drains, gutters, and downspouts took some considerable damage, especially due to debris buildup. If you notice any blockages, please clear them out before damage is furthered.
Contact Dial One Johnson Plumbing today if you want to learn more about our Waxahatchie, TX plumbing service!